More Peranakan Goodness!

Right after my last post on Nyonya Kuehs, I was hit by a strong crave for more Peranakan dishes. Speaking of Peranakan dishes, how could I not write about my go-to Peranakan place-to-eat?! Since it's the Hari Raya Haji holiday, why not a getaway to the heart of Peranakan culture? 


Ole Sayang claimed to be the first authentic Nyonya restaurant in Melaka, and it's pretty convincing. The interior of the restaurant fully reflects how well the family preserves its culture from the ceiling down to its floor. The whole interior décor really adds up excitement for the food before they were served. It's definitely a place to wind down and indulge in authentic Nyonya cuisine. It is more than just a meal, it's an experience.


We ordered some of their top picks and here's how they turned out. 


Tau Hoo Ole Sayang



Nyonya Chap Chai



Telor Cincaluk






Choosing my favourite wasn't an easy feat, but if I must, I would recommend y'all to try their Ayam Pongteh and Itik Tim. Be sure to make yourself a reservation in advance so you won't have to wait for too long! 


Ayam Pongteh



Itik Tim


Directions to Goodness
Ole Sayang Restaurant
189 & 199, Taman Melaka Raya, 75000 Melaka. 


Another recommendation is the Cendol along the crowd-favourite Jonker Street. Bibik House Chendol is not the only Cendol there but it's definitely worth a try. I would say that it's above average. They displayed many TripAdvisor Certificates of Excellence and I admit, I was attracted by that. We ordered two each of Durian Cendol and original Nyonya Cendol. I was amazed by the fragrance of the gula melaka and coconut milk. The durian paste was a wow-factor that added more flavours to the cendol itself. It was a party in my tastebuds. 


Durian Chendol



Nyonya Chendol






Direction to Goodness
Bibik House Chendol
121, Jalan Hang Jebat, 75000 Melaka

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baba Charlie Nyonya Cake

Heng Hong Tin Kee