Heng Hong Tin Kee

I'm holding my crown to announce that there's gonna be a new segment around here! How is it possible that a food enthusiast or a foodaholic or a gastronome or an overeater (whatever you call it) like me starting a blog and not talk about food? Some eat to live but I live to eat! Ok, disclaimer, I'm no connoisseur like Anthony Bourdain or Gordon Ramsay (maybe when I start calling people idiot sandwiches), but I'm definitely gonna take everyone from reading to mouth-watering.


Let's face it, food is everywhere, but the food that makes us ask 'Woah, what on earth is this?' is RARE. That food sears a little something inside our heads, it's indescribable but you can never wash it away (maybe with something even better). The moment you put something as good as that in your mouth, you know you're in heaven. 


It's a fact that everyone's 'little something' is different, our preferences vary, it's sometimes influenced by our cultures, traditions, geographical and economic conditions, etc. So, I'm just gonna share based on preferences of my own and the people around me. If I gave a 10/10 to your 0/10, that just means that we have different preferences (ps I'll still love you!). 


Done with my short and sweet (I hope so....) 'prelude' and now it's time for the first food post!! 


Here we go!!


It's only the second day of recovery MCO and we can't hold our cravings for nice food anymore longer! We had to keep that fulfilled or it'll gonna be another long long night. Therefore we took a 40-minute drive to Melaka (the land of heavenly food) for lunch.




It was my very first time here but it'll never be the only time. I have to admit the flavours are relatively strong (by that I mean the dishes served are more intense and richer in taste), but that is 101% pleasing for me. 


They have been serving delectable Hainanese specialties since half a century ago. Everything from the food to the interior was more than soothing. We were the only ones there as the nation was only starting to allow eating in plus it was late after lunchtime, so the whole atmosphere was quiet and comfortable. 




Sadly, we didn't get to try their famous mutton soup but the other dishes are as good as it as well. I was mind-blown. Here are some!


Cincalok Omelette


Oyster Noodles

This is the one that really blew my mind. If you think it looked 'normal', you are me before eating. The oysters are so fresh that it gave me a great big surprise. Must-try!!


Hainan Noodles


This is like, SPECIAL. I don't think you can get this everywhere to my knowledge. It's the kind that will never make you 'jelak'. There's a tinge of sweet and sour from the onions and fruits (i think they're marinated fruits?? ).


Hainanese Pork Chops


All-in-all, it was wholesome and soothing. But I'll definitely recommend y'all to try the two noodles listed above! Njoy!


Directions to goodness:
Heng Hong Tin Kee Restaurant
62, Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock, Kampung Empat,75200 Melaka
Thursday to Tuesday, 12pm - 10.30pm (Closed on Wednesday)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baba Charlie Nyonya Cake

More Peranakan Goodness!